Inn of Hampton Conference Center Meeting Planner . . .
- Determine the meeting purpose (training, board meeting, incentive, etc.).
- Consider group size, gender mix and ages, and any special needs.
- Determine meeting dates. Avoid dates that coincide with other company or industry events or holidays.
- Are the dates and/or days of the week firm or flexible?
- Plan the meeting in advance to secure the most desirable space.
Developing your meeting
- Outline the sessions day by day, including expected attendance, seating arrangements, setup times required, starting and ending times, and audiovisual and production needs.
- List food and beverage requirements for each day, including meals, receptions and breaks.
- Consider air and ground transportation needs.
- Plan entertainment and recreation needs, group activities and/or team building.
- Prepare a timeline for producing invitations, event promotion, registration and production of meeting materials.
- Designate an administrative person to create name badges and coordinate written material.
- Budget for all sponsor expenses and figure cost ranges for meeting participants' expenses.
- Does a keynote speaker need to be contacted?
Planning Timeline - "Ideal" and "can't-miss" due dates, from three months out to your event's conclusion.
Next Step - Budget